CDSA COMMITTEE

2ND MEETING MINUTES, 2015-16 SEASON

 

Di Matteo Suite, Millennium Hotel, Chelsea FC

Monday 7th December 2015, 4.00pm

 

 

Attendees (Constituency represented/ role)

 

Hayes, Tim – Non-ambulant match supporter member

Law, Matthew – Honorary committee member

McGeever, Timothy – Ambulant season ticket (“ST”) holder

Piggott, Diane – Disabled Liaison Officer and Supporters’ Clubs Manager, Chelsea FC

Regan, Andy – Independent Chair

Smith, Graham – Head of Ticketing and Head of Supporters’ Liaison, Chelsea FC

 

Apologies for absence

 

Hayden, Lisa  – Non-ambulant ST holder

Powell, Mick – Ambulant match supporter member

 

(Action points are underlined.) 

 

 

MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING

 

There were no changes to the minutes. Action points were as follows:

 

Survey topics meeting

 

Tim Hayes was sent meeting details as he requested.  The Club commented that the meeting was run independently and the purpose was to define questions to ask disabled supporters in future surveys. 

 

Toilet hooks and hangers

 

The Club said this is being arranged so should remain as an action point.

 

Store lift mirror

 

This is being installed to assist wheelchairs to reverse.

 

 

MERCHANDISING

 

The Club confirmed that the double-handed cup, the cosy toes blanket and hand warmers will be sold in the shop from January.  One representative commented that unfortunately there hadn’t been any response from fellow disabled supporters when the proposals were shown online. 

 

The Club will assess how well the items sell.  The Club is aware that pricing has to be right but can’t confirm prices for these goods at present.

 

The Club confirmed that it doesn’t sell hooks for large banners to be positioned in the stadium and these are provided by the Club when needed.

 

 

DISABLED TICKETING POLICY CHANGES

 

The Club welcomes comments on this.  One representative commented that collection of away tickets for European matches is less convenient now.  The Club said the plan is to keep the system if we are in European competition next season, for the reasons stated previously.

 

The Club confirmed that for disabled tickets, ST holders have first opportunity.  There are about 200 ST holders and 1,000 members for these tickets.  Representatives were happy to keep the current structure of ST, Rota and standard members tickets.  The more home draws we have, the more matches Rota members can be offered.  The Club confirmed it’s sent tickets back by Rota members who can’t attend matches which can then be offered to other members.  Members are contacted before they are sent a ticket in the first place.  There is no Rota system for away matches.

 

The facility to phone in for tickets is helpful according to one representative.

 

 

NON-DISABLED AREA STS FOR CARERS

 

The Club confirmed these are provided free for carers, regardless of where they are positioned in the stadium.

 

 

WHEELCHAIR-ACCESSIBLE CATERING TABLES

 

One representative raised the issue of these not being available in the concourse of the West Lower.  The Club will review this.

 

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS

 

Reflectors on posts exiting the stadium

 

It was raised by a representative that the posts are not visible at night and could do with reflectors.  The Club will review this.

 

Language in the West Lower

 

One representative commented that bad language in a particular area has been reported to the Club and to Kick It Out.  Problems have occurred during more than one match, for instance with a Dynamo Kiev supporter being ejected when they scored.  The Club confirmed this is being looked into.

 

Stadium move

 

The Club confirmed that the planning application has been submitted to the local Council.  The Club has consulted widely on the proposals and the Council has a page on its website about the planned redevelopment for the area.

 

In response to a question, the Club confirmed that nothing has been announced for naming rights and the focus is on obtaining planning permission.

 

 

 

The meeting finished at 4.30pm.                                       .